Fife Football Forum

Hibs Res V Shippy 1/3

Hibs 8-0 Shippy, 4-0 at HT - no tap ins either, all ferocious strikes - a lesson given on how to keep the ball - their keeper even saved a last min pen - really good fitba side, even with Kevin Thomson playing.

Wouldn't move to jnrs as they would lose there affiliation to the SFA, not allowing them scottish cup entry. It is a step up but there is only 1 full time side in that league and the bottom line is the playing squad is far from good enough to be playing in east of Scotland seniors, just as it wasn't good enough in the kingdom league before.

They were an average kingdom side so was always going 2 be difficult, especially when they lost half their team when Billy left.

average kingdom side you say..............shippy for years were more than average some very good players have played wae the shippy and they have moved to a better level ,am sure a lot of teams from kingdom would struggle in that league ,shippy should have moved to kingdom league years before they did .

• 4 weeks later...

Not sayin they weren't but the last few years they were in the kingdom they struggled. Don't think anyone expected miracles when they joined the EOS and hats off 2 them 4 taking the step up

shippy didnt struggle in there last couple o seasons in the kingdom league. They could hav finished top 4 both seasons but last few games didnt go there way and other results left them finishing about 6th.

No idea what the facilities are like now, but I believe an application has been made to join the Lowland League !

If this is what the pyramid is going to be then I suspect a new influx of players may be required.

No idea what the facilities are like now, but I believe an application has been made to join the Lowland League !

If this is what the pyramid is going to be then I suspect a new influx of players may be required.

Shippy are about to build a stand/ terraced area, and under the criteria the changing rooms have to be expanded also. I'm led to believe there is going to be a cash injection to help costs and to improve the playing side of things with a new management team in place to entice better players to the club

Shippy are about to build a stand/ terraced area, and under the criteria the changing rooms have to be expanded also. I'm led to believe there is going to be a cash injection to help costs and to improve the playing side of things with a new management team in place to entice better players to the club

seems a bit strange! Think Myles and Jason are doing well there. They have a great chance of finishing 4th in their first full season at the reigns.